My life is involved in a lot of planning right now, which means there isn't much doing. I had a blissful week or two spent at home in Wisconsin recovering from a pretty nasty case of what-have-you but it's nothing permanent and I'm back on the bike. Well, not the real bike anyways, the fake bike in the spin class at the gym, or the real bike hooked up to a trainer, or even the fake video game bike they put in at the gym where you chase a little video game cyclist around. I tried it for five minutes once after my weights and it seems sort of promising, maybe.
But here's the low-down:
- I'm planning a wedding. To the best man in the whole wide world. For serious. I kid you not! This wedding planning thing takes up a lot of time.
- I am racing my bike, but only when I'm sleeping at night. I'm starting to have bike racing dreams, so I must be forgetting that it sometimes hurts, like when you have to go faster than you think you can go, or when you crash. Or hook your way too wide handlebars on a tree. Any of those other bike things hurt but I haven't been on a real bike for so long that I seem to have forgotten them.
- Aside from sleep racing and wedding planning I am working. I like working a lot, but my job is sort of slow right now. I am getting a great grasp on Michigan politics though, and it is infinitely interesting. So yeah, I like work. And working.
- It's snowing. Still. I want to go hucking in downtown detroit but I fear slipping on snowy wet marble. Maybe I should go to canada and ride my bike where I expect to have to ride my bike in the snow, because, you know, it's canada.
- and lastly, God is good. Because he's always good.